The difference between expectations and realities of what a GPS provider will deliver in way of a comprehensive driver-monitoring program can make a huge impact on your business’ exposure to risk, litigation and insurance premium costs. How is risk measured in a true driver-monitoring program? How can you implement a program to make your drivers and communities safer?
This information is critical to a comprehensive view of a driver’s performance, but it doesn’t tell the whole story.
Implementing a comprehensive driver monitoring program should be a company imperative. It is a company’s responsibility to understand the behavior of their employee’s who drive as part of their job.
Ask yourself these simple questions:
- Do you know the driving record of the employees who are driving on your company’s behalf right now?
- What do you know about their driving behaviors when they are not working? How many demerits or tickets have they received in the past year? Don’t think for a moment it is none of your business as it certainly is.
- How frequently are you reviewing their driving records to understand their current safety profile?
Depending upon your answers, you could be exposing your business to potentially millions of dollars in lost revenue, significant legal costs, higher insurance premiums and increased overall risk. Knowing the driving performance of each employee who drives on the job is only part of the equation – taking actions to correct risky driving behavior is just as critical. In light of the technology and data available today, companies cannot use the excuse that they weren’t aware of a driver’s safety record.
Storm Telematics provides extensive Driver Risk Management Programs tailored to your organization that include:
- Establishing and or tightening existing driving policies, beginning with conducting a gap analysis of existing policies and making appropriate enhancements;
- Defining objectives of a driver safety program which includes meeting with various stakeholders;
- Establishing and managing a driver rewards program;
- Communicating change within the organization to ensure driver safety becomes part of the corporate culture.
If you wish to learn more about Storm Telematics Driver Safety Programs, you may access our online Calendar and schedule a lunch (on us) or a conference call, as we remain are on standby to deliver quantifiable value to your organization.
– See more at: http://www.stormgps.com/blog/poor-driver-risk-management-program-hurts-business/#sthash.hLfRbjRm.dpuf